Here’s a quick video on my “new” Inca Bandsaw.
A few facts I missed in the video:
- Model: 342 186 04
- Manufactured: 1986
- Motor: Leroy Somer LS80P 230v
- Relay Start
- Work done:
- General clean/de-rust
- Replaced thrust bearings
- Fixed lose neutral in wall plug
- Stripped motor, checked for dust and bearing condition. Ok
- Replaced capacitor
- Cleaned dust from start/stop buttons
- Tracked and tensioned blade
I had an issue with the motor occasionally not starting, it would just hum. I replaced the capacitor and the problem seems to have gone away.
I’m not 100% sure what kind of induction motor this is. When I opened it I excepted to find a centrifugal switch inside but I didn’t. Is it a permanent split capacitor motor? Please comment if you know how it starts/runs. I made this simple wiring diagram. (To the best of my understanding).
The next thing I’ll need to do is build a fence.