I just got a new hp 8440P EliteBook(Windows 7×64) and wanted to use fingerprint logon. To cut a long story short:
- Installed latest ProtectTools security manager v.18.104.22.1684
Result: ProtectTools is installed but no fingerprint options.
- Installed Validity Fingerprint Sensor Driver v.22.214.171.124
Result: Fingerprint options are visible in ProtectTools and fingerprint enrolment is successful but no option at windows logon to unlock with fingerprint
- Un-installed ProtectTools v.126.96.36.1994
- Installed ProtectTools v.188.8.131.529 (The version I have on my other Elitebook which works)
Result: Windows logon now displays the swipe to logon option but when you swipe it throws an error: “the system cannot find the specified file“.
- Installed ProtectTools v.184.108.40.2064 again over the top of v.220.127.116.119 which upgrades v.18.104.22.1689 to v.22.214.171.1244
Result: Everything is working as it should!